|North Carolina House of Representatives District 46|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina State University|
|Master's||North Carolina State University|
Waddell earned his B.S. in Animal Science from North Carolina State University in 1975 and his Master's degree in Agriculture Education from North Carolina State University in 1985. Waddell is a farmer and retired educator.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Waddell served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs|
|• State Personnel|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Ken Waddell is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Brenden Jones is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Waddell ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 46. He defeated Al Leonard, Jr. in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012 and defeated incumbent Gaston Pridgen (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Gaston Pridgen Incumbent||45.9%||15,431|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 46 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Al Leonard, Jr.||45.3%||5,863|
Comprehensive donor information for Waddell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Waddell raised a total of $105,316 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Ken Waddell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 46||$105,316|
|Grand Total Raised||$105,316|
2012Waddell won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Waddell raised a total of $105,316.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ken Waddell's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Democratic Party||$23,278|
|Waddell, Kenneth N||$18,000|
|Rector Jr, Fax||$4,500|
|Edwards, Abigail Sims||$2,000|
|Soles Jr, R C||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$105,316|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Waddell and his wife, Susan, have two children. They currently reside in Chadbourn, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ken + Waddell + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Waddell, Kenneth" Accessed August 30, 2013
Gaston Pridgen (R)
|North Carolina House - District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |