|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 70|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||12 years total in the legislature|
|High school||Arundel Senior High School|
|Associate's||Baltimore International Culinary College|
|Bachelor's||Rhema Bible Training Center (2004), Oral Roberts University|
Walker earned his associate's degree in Professional Cooking from Baltimore International Culinary College and he studied leadership, management and public policy at Oral Roberts University. His professional experience includes working as a restaurant critic for the Tulsa Beacon Newspaper. He served in the U.S. Army.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Walker served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Administrative Rules, Government Oversight and Repealer|
|• Government Modernization|
|• Public Safety, Vice-chair|
|• States' Rights|
Elections for the office of Oklahoma House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Incumbent Ken Walker was unopposed in the Republican primary. Walker is unchallenged in the general election.
Walker ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma House District 70. Walker and Shane Saunders advanced to the August 28 primary runoff; Walker defeated Saunders in that contest. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 70 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Ken Walker (advanced to runoff)||42.2%||1,750|
|Shane Saunders (advanced to runoff)||39%||1,618|
|David W. Davis||18.7%||776|
Comprehensive donor information for Ken Walker is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ken Walker raised a total of $44,105 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 23, 2013.
|Ken Walker's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 70||$44,105|
|Grand Total Raised||$44,105|
2012Ken Walker won election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ken Walker raised a total of $44,105.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ken Walker's campaign in 2012|
|Walker, Kenneth J||$8,500|
|Wicks & Associates LLC||$5,000|
|Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$44,105|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 54th Oklahoma State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to May 24. In 2014, the Oklahoma State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to May 23.
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2013 Reid Report
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2014 Reid Report
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with business, industry, job creation and economic growth issues deemed important by the private sector.
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2013 Environmental Report Card
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2014 Environmental Report Card
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the environment.
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the growth and development of the Oklahoma City region.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ken + Walker + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Ken Walker on Facebook
- Ken Walker on Twitter
- Ken Walker on YouTube
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Ken Walker for House, "About," accessed June 18, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Walker, Ken," accessed July 23, 2013
Ron Peters (R)
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |