|North Carolina House of Representatives District 66|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University|
|Service/branch||U.S. National Guard|
|Years of service||1969-1975|
Goodman earned his A.A. from Wingate University and his B.S. from Florida State University. His professional experience includes working as the Director of First Southern Savings Bank, as the Chief Financial Officer of Richmond Yarns Inc. and as the owner of RW Goodman Inc. He served in the United States National Guard from 1969 to 1975.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Goodman served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Goodman served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Ken Goodman was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 66, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ken Goodman Incumbent||100%||21,659|
Goodman won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives after replacing incumbent Melanie Goodwin on the Democratic general election ballot. Goodman defeated James Parsons in the November 2 general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 66 (2010)|
|Ken Goodman (D)||11,298||60.68%|
|James Parsons (R)||7,322||39.32%|
Comprehensive donor information for Goodman is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Goodman raised a total of $129,403 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Ken Goodman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 66||$60,182|
|2010||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 66||$69,221|
|Grand Total Raised||$129,403|
2012Goodman won re-election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Goodman raised a total of $60,182.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ken Goodman's campaign in 2012|
|Northeast Anesthesia & Pain Specialists||$4,000|
|North Carolina Association of Realtors||$3,000|
|North Carolina Medical Society||$3,000|
|Goodman, Kenneth L||$2,247|
|Total Raised in 2012||$60,182|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Goodman and his wife, Cindy, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ken + Goodman + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012, 2010
- Project Vote Smart: Kenneth Leigh "Ken" Goodman (NC)
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official North Carolina General Election Results- November 2, 2010," accessed June 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Goodman, Kenneth Leigh," accessed August 30, 2013
|North Carolina House - District 66
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |