Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Clinton High School|
Smith grew up in Clinton, North Carolina and graduated from Clinton High School in 1993. He earned his bachelor's degree from Campbell University in 2005 and his master's degree from Campbell University Divinity School in 2011.
Professionally, Smith has worked as the operations manager for Kmart in Clinton and as a store manager for Sampson Ace Hardware. He is currently on staff with Walgreens Pharmacy. Since 1997, he has served as an ordained Baptist minister.
Smith listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "I will stand firm with firearm advocates to insure our liberties are protected."
- Excerpt: "I am pro-life because my faith has taught me to cherish all life. As state representative, I will take every step to protect our unborn."
- Excerpt: "I will work every day to find wasteful government spending, so we can reduce further the taxes burdening North Carolinians and attract new businesses."
- Excerpt: "Common Core not only eradicates state and local control over education, but it also establishes a dangerous federal government data gathering scheme, including invasive questioning and tracking of students...I will work to repeal any North Carolina participation in Common Core."
- Excerpt: "As a parent with a child that has Aspergers, I have observed how many individuals lack an understanding of the daily struggle of these children. With the every increasing number of children with autism in our state, I support increase funding for treatment, education, and support of families impacted by this disease."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent William Brisson was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Kenneth Smith was unopposed in the Republican primary. Brisson and Smith will face off in the general election.
Smith and his wife, April Sinclair, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kenneth + Smith + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 22
- Ken Smith - NC House District 22: "About," accessed March 25, 2014
- Ken Smith - NC House District 22: "Issues," accessed March 25, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on March 24, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |