Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 13|
|2010 - Present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Weyler served in the House previously, representing Rockingham 8 from 1990 to 2008. He has been an assistant minority leader in the House; and a chair of the Kingston Planning Board.
Weyler earned his B.S. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His professional experience includes working as first officer, captain, and pilot for American Airlines. He was an officer pilot in the United States Air Force, and an officer in the United States Air Force Reserve.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Weyler served on the following committees:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance - Division II, Clerk|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Weyler served on these committees:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Finance, Chair|
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 13, 2014. Four candidates are unopposed in the Democratic primary, while five candidates will face off in the Republican primary. A full list of candidates running in this district can be found here.
Weyler won re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 13. Weyler advanced past the September 11 primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
2010 special election
In 2008, Weyler ran unsuccesfully, finishing eighth out of eleven candidates for the seven-seat Rockingham 8 District of the New Hampshire House of Representatives, receiving 4,881 votes in the recount, down from 4,898.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 8|
|Norman Major (R)||6,218|
|Roger Wells (R)||5,594|
|David Welch (R)||5,550|
|John Sedensky (R)||5,037|
|Don Van Patten (R)||4,881|
|John Flanders (R)||5,041|
|Melissa Lyons (D)||4,910|
|Ken Weyler (R)||4,881|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Weyler was up for re-election, he did not collect any money in donations.
Weyler and his wife, Carol, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ken + Weyler + New + Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Hampshire General Court
- New Hampshire state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Ken Weyler on Facebook
- Union Leader, "House District 8: Voters put Weyler back in office," January 12, 2010
- New Hampshire Liberty Alliance, "January, 2010 newsletter," January 27, 2010. Retrieved May 15, 2013
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed July 1, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed May 16, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 16, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "State General Election - November 4, 2008," accessed May 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed June 17, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Weyler