Kent County, Delaware
As of 2010, the population was 162,310.
- Main article: Evaluation of Delaware county websites
This website was reviewed on an unknown date.
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for 4 years.
- Meeting minutes are archived for 1 year.
- Meeting agendas are archived for 1 year.
- Meeting videos podcasts are available.
- Bids and RFPs are posted online.
- Approved contract statements are provided for vendors.
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state, and local funding in the budget.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online.
- Permits and zoning
- Zoning ordinances are posted online.
- Permit applications can be downloaded on the site, along with information on how to apply for the permits.
- Audits are not available.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are not archived for 3 years.
- Administrative Officials
- Officials are not listed with contact information.
- Elected Officials
- Elected officials are not listed with contact information.
- No information regarding taxpayer funded lobbying.
- Public Records
- No information regarding public records requests.
The Levy Court is the highest executive power in Kent County. It was established in 1655 to levy taxes, and its duties soon expanded beyond tax collection. In 1793, the commissioners were elected democratically. Commissioners are now elected to four-year terms.
The Kent County administrator is Michael Petit de Mange.
|Source||Revenues||% of Total|
|Fees for Service||$23,838,700||39.75%|
|Area||Expenditures||% of Total|
|Operations & Maint.||$12,066,500||20.11%|
|Community Svc Grants||$605,200||1.01%|
- Kent County website
- Kent County Recorder
- Kent County on E-Reference
- Kent County Convention and Visitor Bureau
- Kent Levy Court Administration Website
- U.S. Census Bureau "Quick Facts," Accessed January 2, 2012
- Kent County, Budgets, Accessed: Feb 27, 2013
- Kent County, Meeting Minutes and Agendas, Accessed: Feb 27, 2013
- Kent County, Bids, Accessed: Feb 27, 2013
- Kent County, Tax Rates, Accessed: Feb 27, 2013
- Kent County, Planning and Zoning, Accessed: Feb 27, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Kent County "County Administrator," Accessed January 3, 2012
- Kent County "2012 Budget," Accessed January 3, 2012