For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Kent County, Michigan
- Main article: Evaluation of Michigan county websites
This website was reviewed on April 18, 2012.
- Budgets and audits are posted back to 2007.
- Board of Commissioners meeting agendas, minutes, and videos are posted.
- Elected officials and contact information are listed.
- Requests for proposals are posted.
- A Freedom of Information Act request page describes FOIA policies and procedures, as well as provides links to already published public records.
- Well and septic permit requests are available online.
- Tax information is posted for all properties.
- Tax rates are posted in the budget.
- No check register is posted.
- Building permit and zoning details are not posted.
- No administrative staff list is posted.
- Finalized contracts are not posted.
- No information on government sector lobbying is posted, although it is evident from search results within previous years' meeting minutes that Kent County at least used to have a county lobbyist, and/or contract out for lobbying services.
Recommended Funds by Category
The proposed millage rates for 2012 are 4.2803 mills for operating costs, plus an additional .7893 for corrections and .3244 for senior services for a total of 5.3940, which is the same as 2011's.
Kent County's unfunded OPEBs (Other Post-Employment Benefits) in 2010 were $36,860,975, or 23.4% of general fund revenue.
Board of Commissioners
|1st||Ted Vonk, BoC Vice Chair||Legislative and Human Resources Chair|
|2nd||Tom Antor||Finance and Physical Resources|
|3rd||Roger Morgan||Finance and Physical Resources|
|4th||Gary Rolls||Finance and Physical Resources|
|5th||Sandi Frost Parrish, BoC Chair|
|6th||Michael Wawee Jr.||Legislative and Human Resources|
|7th||Stan Ponstein||Legislative and Human Resources|
|8th||Jack Boelema||Finance and Physical Resources|
|9th||Harold Voorhees||Finance and Physical Resources Chair|
|10th||Bill Hirsch||Legislative and Human Resources|
|11th||Jim Saalfeld||Finance and Physical Resources|
|12th||Harold Mast||Legislative and Human Resources|
|13th||Richard Vander Molen||Finance and Physical Resources|
|14th||Carol Hennessy BoC Minority Vice Chair||Finance and Physical Resources Vice Chair|
|15th||Dick Bulkowski||Legislative and Human Resources|
|16th||Jim Talen||Finance and Physical Resources|
|17th||Candace E. Chivis||Legislative and Human Resources|
|18th||Dan Koorndyk||Legislative and Human Resources Vice Chair|
|19th||Shana Shroll||Legislative and Human Resources|
- Main article: Michigan public employee salaries
- Kent County official website
- Kent County on InfoMI
- Kent County genealogy and history from the MIGenWeb project
- Kent County genealogy links from Kindred Trails.com
- U.S. Census Bureau, "QuickFacts," accessed October 23, 2011
- Official Kent County website, "Financial Transparency," accessed October 23, 2011
- Official Kent County website, "Meeting Minutes and Agendas," accessed October 23, 2011
- Official Kent County website, "Elected Officials," accessed October 23, 2011
- "Official Kent County website" "Purchasing" "Request," accessed April 18, 2012
- Official Kent County website, "Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests," accessed October 23, 2011
- Official Kent County website, "Health Applications," accessed October 23, 2011
- Official Kent County website, "Property Resources," accessed October 23, 2011
- Official Kent County website, "2012 Budget Summary," accessed October 23, 2011
- Official Kent County website, "Search Results: Lobbying," accessed October 23, 2011
- Official Kent County website, "County Dashboard," accessed October 23, 2011
- Official Kent County website, "Board Members," accessed October 23, 2011