For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 52|
|Elections and appointments|
Kent began his career in public service in 1988 working during the summer with the Illinois Senate. Upon graduation from college, Kent worked in the private sector and came back to public service in 1997 by taking a position with the House Republican Staff. He later became Director of Appropriation for the House Republican Caucus in 2001.
Gaffney graduated from Purdue University with a degree in Political Science, and continued his graduate studies at the University of Illinois.
|Illinois House of Representatives Republican Primary, 2012|
|Kent Gaffney Incumbent||34.6%||3,985|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Gaffney received a score of 66.67 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of C according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was the 33rd highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kent + Gaffney + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Profile at The Daily Herald
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "Legislative Vote Card home page," accessed February 21, 2013
Mark H. Beaubien, Jr. (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 52
| Succeeded by|
David McSweeney (R)
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |