Kentucky 1959 ballot measures
November 3, 1959 ballot in Kentucky.Two statewide ballot measures appeared on the
- Both of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One measure was approved and the other was defeated.
- The approved measure was later overturned by court order.
On the ballot
|Veteran Sales Tax Referendum||Veterans||Establishes a sales tax to provide a veterans’ bonus|
|Sheriff Succession Referendum||Law Enforcement||Allows sheriffs to succeed themselves|
- 1959 ballot measures
- List of Kentucky ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Kentucky