For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Kentucky executive elections approach
Candidates are pushing hard in these last days even as recent reports indicate that voter turnout is likely to be around 25%,
In the race for governor, Republican David Williams is challenging Democratic incumbent Steve Beshear. Beshear called for a restraining order to halt a set of attack ads. The political group behind the ads had failed to list its donors -- a violation of Kentucky law.
The group, Restoring America, has issued a new report, which reveals that its lone donor is Williams' father-in-law. Now in compliance with the law, it has asked the judge to lift the restraining order.
Vying for the attorney general position are incumbent Jack Conway (D) and Todd P'Pool (R). P'Pool's main platform is fighting the new federal health care act, and he was endorsed by former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.
Conway is focusing on state issues and efficiency, and has criticized P'Pool for accepting donations from executives of colleges currently under investigation. He has also said, "I'm amazed at what my opponent doesn't know."
For Secretary of State, both candidates pledge to make the office more efficient and user friendly. They strongly disagree, however, on voter issues. Republican Bill Johnson wants a photo-ID requirement for voters, while Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes says this would disenfranchise many people. Incumbent Trey Grayson (R) is not running for re-election.
In addition to governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general and secretary of state, the other Kentucky offices up for election are State Treasurer, circuit judge, Auditor of Public Accounts, and Commissioner of Agriculture.
- Kentucky Secretary of State
- Kentucky Governor
- Kentucky Attorney General
- Kentucky state executive official elections, 2011
- Kentucky down ballot state executive elections, 2011
- Courier-Journal, "Election turnout below 30% likely in Kentucky," accessed October 27, 2011
- WLKY "Candidate's Father-In-Law Only Contributor To Group Behind Attack Ads," accessed October 27, 2011 (dead link)
- Courier-Journal, "Kentucky Attorney General candidates Todd P'Pool, Jack Conway spar over whether to challenge health-care reform," accessed October 27, 2011
- WDRB "High-profile politician campaigns for P'Pool," accessed October 27, 2011
- Lexington Herald-Leader, "Voter ID issues split candidates for Ky. Secretary of State," accessed October 27, 2011
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings," accessed October 27, 2011