For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Kentucky government sector lobbying
This practice is controversial because public funds are spent to lobby for an agenda not subject to direct approval by voters, and outcomes may be contrary to taxpayers' benefit.
Several local entities in Kentucky have lobbied the federal government.
- Bell County spent $40,000 in 2005.
- Boone County spent at least $200,000 from 2005-2007.
- Harrison County spent a combined $120,000 for 2003 and 2004.
- Henderson County has been active in federal lobbying since 2004. Since then, the county has spent more than $10,000 only in 2005-2006, in which the county accrued $100,000.
- Larue County has been active in federal lobbying since at least 2005. In 2007, 2009 and 2010, the county spent a reportable $43,080. The other years, the county did not spend more than $10,000, so it did not need to report specific numbers.
- Madison County spent $20,000 in 2005.
- Meade County has been active in lobbying since 2002.
Cities in the state also lobby the federal government.
- Hodgenville was active in federal lobbying from 2005-2008.]
- Louisville spent $30,000 in 1999.
- St. Regis Park was active in lobbying in 2004 and 2005.
Public universities have lobbied the federal government.
- University of Kentucky College of Medicine lobbied between 2002-2005.
- University of Kentucky lobbied annually from 2002 to 2010.
- Western Kentucky University lobbies on an annual basis since at least 1998.
Taxpayer-funded associations to which local governments belong (see below) are active in lobbying. The Kentucky League of Cities makes available it's annual legislative priorities. The Kentucky Association of Counties has been active in lobbying the federal government for at least 2005.
Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations
- Kentucky Association of Counties
- Kentucky County Attorney's Association
- Kentucky County Clerks' Association
- Kentucky Association of School Administrators
- Kentucky Association of School Councils
- Kentucky Association of School Superintendents
- Kentucky School Boards Association
- Open Secrets - Bell County
- Open Secrets - Boone County
- Open Secrets - Harrison County, KY
- Open Secrets - Henderson County
- Open Secrets - Larue County, KY
- Open Secrets - Madison County, KY
- Open Secrets - Meade County, KY
- Open Secrets - City of Hodgenville, KY
- Open Secrets - City of Louisville, KY
- Open Secrets - City of St Regis Park, KY
- Open Secrets - Univ of Kentucky College of Medicine
- Open Secrets - University of Kentucky
- Open Secrets - Western Kentucky University
- 2011 Legislative Agenda - Kentucky League of Cities
- Kentucky Association of Counties - Open Secrets