|Montana House of Representatives, District 70|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, White served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Labor|
|• Fish, Wildlife and Parks, Chair|
|• Legislative Administration|
White told Explorebigsky.com that he "would like to promote year-round tourism and also a responsible development of economy in the aspect of buildings, housing and natural resources." When asked the biggest concern in the district, he replied with the "quality and availability" of water. He also advocated "more local control" for schools and decreased administration costs.
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Christopher Burke defeated C.J. Monteith in the Democratic primary. District 70 incumbent Kerry White was unopposed in the Republican primary. White defeated Burke in the general election. Incumbent Tom Woods (D) ran in District 62.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 64 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kerry White Incumbent||61.3%||2,592|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 64 Democratic Primary, 2014|
White won election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 70. White ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated April Buonamici (D) and Christopher Burke (I) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 70, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for White is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, White raised a total of $8,146 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Kerry White's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 70||$8,146|
|Grand Total Raised||$8,146|
2012White won election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, White raised a total of $8,146.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kerry White's campaign in 2012|
|White, Kerry E.||$1,405|
|Gallatin County Republican Central Committee||$800|
|Montana Building Industry Association||$160|
|Total Raised in 2012||$8,146|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kerry + White + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Explorebigsky.com, "Candidate interviews HD #70," September 10, 2012. accessed October 16, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "White, Kerry E," accessed September 25, 2013
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014
Michael More (R)
|Montana House of Representatives District 70
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |