|Minnesota House of Representatives District 7B|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||College of Saint Scholastica|
|Master's||University of Wisconsin|
|Birthday||November 6, 1955|
Gauthier has worked in the field of addiction and recovery for over 27 years. He is currently a member of the Planned Parenthood Regional Advisory Committee.
Gauthier graduated from the College of St. Scholastica with a Bachelor of Arts degree. He then graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Superior with a Master's of Science in counseling.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gauthier served on these committees:
Gauthier initially ran for re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, but ended up withdrawing from the race soon after.
Gauthier's withdrawal came as a result of pressure from party leaders after Gauthier admitted to having oral sex with a 17-year-old boy at a rest stop.
Gauthier won re-election to the District 7B seat in 2010. He defeated Jay Cole in the August 10 Democratic primary. He defeated Travis Silvers (R) and Tony Salls (I) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 7B (2010)|
|Kerry Gauthier (DFL)||7,470||66.74%|
|Travis Silvers (R)||2,475||22.11%|
In 2010, Gauthier raised $20,855 in contributions.
Her two largest contributors were:
|7Th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$1,000|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kerry + Gauthier + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Star Tribune, "Duluth's Gauthier: 'I am done'," August 23, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Roger Reinert (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 7B
| Succeeded by|
Erik Simonson (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |