|Alabama House of Representatives District 26|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Manager, WJIA 88.5 FM|
Rich has served in the Alabama House of Representatives for two terms. He has also served as the legislative director for the governor for two and one half years.
Rich has worked as the owner and manager of various radio stations for 22 years. He currently manages WJIA 88.5 FM of Marshall County.
Rich served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Regulations
- Subcommittee on Services
- Subcommittee on Consent Calendars
Rich's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "The Federal government has totally failed in its responsibility, especially in securing the border."
- Excerpt: "People run for office and tell people they are somehow going to wave a magic wand and suddenly create all these high paying jobs. That is simply untrue and it hurts the credibility and trust in government to make such outrageous claims."
- Excerpt: "I am a long time supporter of public education. A quality education is essential for creating jobs. In order to have a good education system that produces good students you must have good teachers."
- Education Funding
- Excerpt: "More and more people are coming to the conclusion that there must be reform in how education is funded. The problem we face is the huge fluctuation in revenues."
- Ethics Reform
- Excerpt: "The Alabama Ethics law has been a paper tiger in many respects. The Ethics Commission needs subpoena power. Without this it will continue to be a paper tiger."
- Excerpt: "I have long recognized the importance of transportation to the growth of our economy. I have a very good record in this regard."
- Pro Life
- Excerpt: "I have a pro-life record. I have always voted pro-life and I have a record to prove it. Abortion is one of the issues where I strongly disagree with the Democrat party."
- Excerpt: "Agriculture is vitally important to the economy of Sand Mountain. Most farmers don’t ask for special favors. However, they don’t want unnecessary taxes or undue government burdens placed on them."
- Constitutional Revision
- Excerpt: "I have long supported Constitutional Revision. "
- Pac to Pac Transfers
- Excerpt: "I will strongly support legislation that will STOP THIS NONSENSE. If I receive money from XYZ Pac it should be the law that I have to disclose where that money came from and who gave it to me."
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Kerry Rich defeated Ginger Fletcher in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 26 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Kerry Rich Incumbent||54.4%||2,178|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 26 General Election (2010)|
|Kerry Rich (R)||7,203|
|Randall White (D)||4,873|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 26 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Kerry Rich (R)||1,315|
|Tim Bollinger (R)||1,261|
|Corey Ladun Hill (R)||800|
|Jeff Stone (R)||777|
|Peggie Haney (R)||459|
|Nathan Broadhurst (R)||271|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 26 Rep Primary Runoff (2010)|
|Kerry Rich (R)||2,597|
|Tim Bollinger (R)||2,394|
In 2010, Rich raised $165,786 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$49,503|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$17,691|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$14,000|
|Friends Of Mike Hubbard||$13,000|
In 2010, Rich's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kerry + Rich + Alabama + House + Legislature" Kerry Rich News Feed
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Kerry Rich's campaign website (Archived)
- House site
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Kerry Rich's campaign website, "Issues," November 2, 2010
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama2010.com, "Alabama GOP primary results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
|Alabama House District 26
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|