|North Carolina State Senate District 22|
Sutton's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"As your state Senator I will fight hard for programs and a tax structure that will strengthen our economy and encourage job creation."
Education and Pre-K Funding
- Excerpt:"I will fight against cuts in our public schools budget. We cannot accept being 49th in the nation in per pupil funding. Efforts to cut Pre-K programs like Smart Start and More at Four will take North Carolina in the wrong direction."
Women and Families
- Excerpt:"The redistricting process removed 40 percent of the women from both political parties who currently serve in the General Assembly. Family planning and women’s health care services were specifically targeted by this Generally Assembly. As a single parent and mom of two terrific sons, I will make sure the voices of women and families are heard and understood in the legislative process."
- Excerpt:"We must find sustainable energy sources without destroying our precious land and without relying so heavily on foreign oil and nuclear power. We must invest aggressively in alternative energy sources like bio-fuels, wind and solar power."
Taxes and Budget
- Excerpt:"North Carolina’s economy is changing rapidly and our tax structure needs to change with it. Recent cuts have damaged countless programs, communities and families. A more balanced approach is essential to make our tax structure fairer. Strong budget management requires that we consider cuts, savings and new streams of revenue."
|North Carolina State Senate District 22 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Sutton is a single parent of two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kerry + Sutton + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Kerry Sutton on Facebook
- Kerry Sutton on Twitter