|Candidate for Wisconsin State Senate District 25
|Website||Trask on Facebook|
Trask is a history professor at the University of Wisconsin - Manitowoc, and History Department Chair of the 13 UW colleges. He holds a Ph.D in History from the University of Minnesota.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Trask ran in the 2010 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 25. Trask was defeated by Independent candidate Robert Ziegelbauer in the general election on November 2, 2010. Trask was unopposed in the Democratic primary election on September 14, 2010.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 25 General Election (2010)|
|Robert Ziegelbauer (I)||9,702|
|Kerry Trask (D)||6,459|
|Andrew Wisniewski (R)||3,325|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 25 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Kerry A. Trask (D)||1,529||99.8%|
Trask was endorsed by AFSCME. His Republican opponent, Andrew Wisniewski's nomination papers were delivered by Jason Sidener, who is a political action representative for AFSCME (American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees). Sidener defended the nomination as a Republican candidate by saying "It is in our interest to see that Bob is defeated and having opponents from both parties helps that." The third opponent Independent Robert Ziegelbauer was a Democrat but switched to be an Independent in June.
The Republicans had challenged the validity of all signatures on the nomination papers submitted by Trask's opponent, but election regulators on the Government Accountability Board put Wisniewski's name back on the ballot "after 11 nomination signatures originally misplaced were found, which put him over the 200 needed to qualify."
Trask's website outlined three values important to his campaign:
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Trask on LinkedIn
- Trask on Facebook
- Trask on Twitter
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
- Project Vote Smart, List of Candidates for Wisconsin State Assembly in the November 2, 2010 election
- JSOnline, "Fall 2010 general election results," November 2, 2010
- Government Accountability Board, Primary Election Results
- RedState, "AFSCME Goes Ugly in Wisconsin: Picks a GOP Trojan Horse," July 17, 2010
- Green Bay pressgazette.com, "Wisconsin Assembly candidate Andrew Wisniewski put back on ballot," July 25, 2010
- Campaign website (timed out)
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |