Keith R. Wheeler
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 50|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Wheeler graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His professional experience includes being a small business owner.
Wheeler's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "It is truly disappointing that Illinois is ranked 48th among all of the states in job creation. This has a directly negative effect on our families and neighbors."
- Business Environment
- Excerpt: "The leadership in Springfield looks at the Illinois business community as if it is some kind of golden goose with infinite golden eggs. Instead, businesses are leaving Illinois in droves. We need new leadership to turn that around."
- Budget/State Pension Costs
- Excerpt: "There is no way that Illinois can continue to spend more than it takes in while allowing massive unfunded pension liabilities to remain growing unchecked."
- Accountability & Integrity
- Cooperation with Municipalities and School Districts
- Fiscal Responsibility
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Valerie L. Burd ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Keith R. Wheeler defeated Beth C. Goncher, Julie Cosimo and William F. Keck in the Republican primary. Wheeler then defeated Burd in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 50, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Keith R. Wheeler||67.9%||23,260|
|Democratic||Valerie L. Burd||32.1%||11,007|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 50 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Ketih R. Wheeler||52.5%||5,849|
|Beth C. Goncher||16.6%||1,852|
|William F. Keck||12.9%||1,437|
Wheeler and his wife, Lisa, have one child together, and two stepchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Keith + Wheeler + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Project Vote Smart, "Keith Wheeler's Biography," accessed February 18, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issue," accessed February 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |