|Florida House of Representatives District 47|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Ambler's professional experience includes working as an Attorney. He served in the United States Air Force Reserve from 1991 to 2005.
He is a member of the Bay Area Legislative Delegation, Carrollwood Area Business Association, Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Chair of the Military Affairs Committee of The Florida Bar, Chair of the Military Liaison Committee of the Hillsborough County Bar and President/Board of Trustees of the Northdale Special Tax District.
- Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council
- Government Accountability Act Council (Vice Chair)
- Government Operations Appropriations Committee
- Governmental Affairs Policy Committee
- Legislative Sunset Committee, Florida State Legislature
- Policy Council
- Public Safety & Domestic Security Policy Committee (Chair)
Ambler did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Ambler's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 43 - "Entertainment Industry: Renames entertainment industry financial incentive program as entertainment industry financial incentive & tax credit program; revises program to provide qualified entertainment entities with choice of corporate income tax & sales & use tax credits or reimbursement from appropriations"
- HB 1127 - "Use of an Electronic Wireless Telecommunications Device while Driving: Provides for enhanced penalties for moving & nonmoving violations committed by persons under 18 years of age while using electronic wireless telecommunications device; authorizes traffic enforcement officer to issue warning & provide educational material."
- HB 5105 - "Healthcare: Provides Florida Kidcare eligibility determination requirements; revises mandatory benefit requirements for behavioral health & dental services; provides reimbursement requirements for federally qualified health centers & rural health clinics"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site
On November 4, 2008, Ambler won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 47th District, defeating Ian Grossman (write-in). Ambler received 52,605 votes in the election while Grossman received 117 votes. Ambler raised $73,121 for his campaign.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 47|
|Kevin Ambler (R)||52,605||99.8%|
|Ian Grossman (write-in)||117||0.2%|
Below are Ambler's top five campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Title Industry of Florida PAC||$1,000|
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$1,000|
|FL Justice Assoc||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kevin + Ambler + Florida + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Kevin Ambler's campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Kevin Ambler on Facebook
- Kevin Ambler on Twitter
- Kevin Ambler on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 18, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 18, 2014
- Florida Department of Elections, "Florida House Official Election Results," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 Contributions," accessed December 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Florida House of Representatives District 47
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |