|Kansas House of Representatives District 5|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Wellsville High School|
|Years of service||2004 - 2010|
|Birthday||December 19, 1974|
|Place of birth||Cleveland, Tennessee|
Jones earned his B.S. in Sport-Science Pre-Physical Therapy from Kansas University. He served in the United States Army from 2004 to 2010.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jones served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Veterans, Military and Homeland Security|
|• Education Budget|
|• Pensions and Benefits|
Jones' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Pro-Life"
- Excerpt: "Protect the 2nd Amendment"
- Excerpt: "Preserve Liberty"
- Excerpt: "Job Creation"
- Excerpt: "Get Out of Debt"
Jones won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 5. Jones ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Bill Feuerborn (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 5, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Bill Feuerborn Incumbent||47.4%||4,417|
Comprehensive donor information for Jones is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Jones raised a total of $20,178 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 7, 2013.
|Kevin Jones's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 5||$20,178|
|Grand Total Raised||$20,178|
2012Jones won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Jones raised a total of $20,178.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kevin Jones's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Republican Party||$3,145|
|Kansas Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Egan, Michael T||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$20,178|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Kevin Jones received a score of 74.0% in the 2013 index.
Jones and wife, Nicole, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kevin + Jones + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kansas Legislature - Representative Kevin Jones
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Kevin Jones on Facebook
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Kevin Jones for Kansas, "Meet Kevin Jones," accessed March 31, 2013
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Jones, Kevin," accessed June 7, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Bill Feuerborn (D)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 5
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |