|Maryland House of Delegates District 1B|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position (current service)||15|
|Years in position (previous service)||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Frostburg State College, 1975|
|J.D.||University of Baltimore School of Law, 1978|
|Birthday||August 18, 1953|
|Place of birth||Cumberland, Maryland|
Kelly's professional experience includes working as an attorney and Administrative Hearing Officer for the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kelly served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Civil Law and Procedure
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kelly served on these committees:
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Kevin Kelly is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jason C. Buckel is unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 1B General Election (2010)|
|Kevin Kelly (D)||6,226|
|Mary Beth Pirolozzi (R)||5,908|
Kevin Kelly raised $25,430 for his campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 1B|
|Kevin Kelly (D)||6,489||55.7%|
|Mark Fisher (R)||5,151||44.2%|
In 2010, a year in which Kelly was up for re-election, he collected $41,040 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maryland House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kevin Kelly's campaign in 2010|
|Joseph Smith & Sons Inc||$3,000|
|Maryland Fraternal Order Of Police||$2,700|
|United Brotherhood Of Carpenters Local 1024||$2,000|
|Friends Of Joseph F Vallario Jr||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$41,040|
In 2006 Kevin Kelly collected $25,430 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Bob Ehrlich for Maryland Committee||$6,000|
|Baltimore Washington Laborers District Council||$1,150|
|Maryland New Car & Truck Dealers Association||$1,150|
Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
- See also: Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
The Yankee Institute, a pro-market think tank, releases its Voter Guide after each two-year legislative term. Each member of the Connecticut General Assembly receives a score from 0 to 10 based on how he or she voted in ten key votes. The Institute selects key votes which "reveal the differences between those legislators that would harness the power of individual liberty and the market to improve lives, and those that prefer a centrally-planned approach." A legislator with a 10 voted in agreement with the Yankee Institute on all 10 votes, while a legislator with a 0 voted against the Yankee Institute's views or was absent for all 10 votes.
Kelly received a score of 7 on the Yankee Institute's Voter Guide for 2011-12, tied for the 6th highest score among the 36 scored members of the Connecticut Senate. He did not receive a score for the 2009-10 term because he was not yet in the legislature.
Kelly is a member of the Allegany County Bar Association, New Dominion School Advisory Board, Maryland State Bar Association, Maryland Rural Caucus, Governor's Flood Mitigation Task Force for Western Maryland, Western Maryland Economic Development Task Force, and the Tri-County Council for Western Maryland.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kevin + Kelly + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- DC area appointments for the week of Jan. 20 - Washington Post
- Delegation finalizes agenda for General Assembly - Cumberland Times-News
- Legislators ready to fight rain tax, among other issues - Cumberland Times-News
- Confide Is the Best Way to Keep Your Dastardly Deeds Hidden?For Now - Daily Beast
- Canal Place gets $116000 from state; officials debate future of operations - Cumberland Times-News
- During state deficit, retired teachers want pensions protected - Cumberland Times-News
- DAYBREAK DAILY: Creigh Deeds returns to Virginia Senate - WJLA
- 'Deluge' Of Signups Reported By Some State Exchanges - Sioux City Journal
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Kevin Kelly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Maryland House of Delegates official election results for 2006
- Follow the Money's report on Kelly's 2006 campaign contributions
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2006 contributors to Kevin Kelly
- Yankee Institute for Public Policy, Yankee Institute Voter Guide for 2011-12, October 19, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kelly
|Maryland House of Delegates District 1B
| Succeeded by|
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |