Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas House of Representatives District 43|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas (1979)|
|Place of birth||Winfield, Kansas|
King attended the University of Kansas, receiving a Bachelor's degree in Journalism.
King's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"The cuts to public education that have been made over the last few years must be restored."
- Excerpt:"The first priority of tax reform should be to ease the burden on the middle class and make certain that everyone, even wealthy corporations, pay their fair share."
- Excerpt:"Instead of giving tax breaks to wealthy corporations, we must give small businesses a fair playing field so they can compete."
King ran in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 43. King ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 7, 2012 and was defeated by Bill Sutton (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 43, General Election, 2012|
King was a Democratic candidate for District 43 of the Kansas House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections. King was defeated by Mike Kiegerl (R) in the November 2 general election.
King and his wife Patricia have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kevin + King + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- February: Year's shortest month is long on interesting things to see, do, and ... - Springfield News-Leader
- Movers & Shakers ? People and Positions for January, Part II - Senior Housing News
- DC community calendar, Jan. 23 to Jan. 30, 2014 - Washington Post
- Editorial: Missouri's king of tax credits plays shell game with campaign donations - STLtoday.com
- Otis Moss Jr. to keynote KCK Martin Luther King celebration - The Kansas City Kansan
- Newspaper delivery man saves fallen elderly man from frostbite - Yahoo News (blog)
- Fox News' greatest failure: Roger Ailes, Chris Christie and the quest for a ... - Salon
- Need something to prove? Read a new contemporary romance - USA TODAY
- An NFL Ratings Bonanza - SI.com
- Complete list of nominees for the 45th NAACP Image Awards - Los Angeles Times
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Kevin King on Facebok
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |