|Iowa State Senate, District 39|
|January 12, 2015 - Present|
|January 13, 2019|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
Kinney's professional experience includes working as a farmer and a sheriff in Johnson County, Iowa.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Kinney served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Government Oversight|
|• Natural Resources & Environment|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Iowa State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Kevin Kinney defeated Richard Gilmore in the Democratic primary, while Michael D. Moore defeated Bob Anderson and Royce W. Phillips in the Republican primary. Kinney faced Moore in the general election. Kinney defeated Moore in the general election.
|Iowa State Senate, District 39 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Michael D. Moore||47.7%||11,306|
|Iowa State Senate, District 39 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Iowa State Senate, District 39 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Michael D. Moore||45.7%||1,231|
|Royce W. Phillips||19.1%||515|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kevin + Kinney + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the Iowa State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Kevin Kinney on Facebook
- Des Moines Register, "Democrat Kevin Kinney will seek eastern Iowa Senate seat held by GOP’s retiring Greiner," accessed May 9, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
Sandra Greiner (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 39
| Succeeded by|