|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Eighth Worcester District|
|2011 - present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Kuros has been a member of the Uxbridge School Building Committee.
Kuros graduated from Penn State University with a degree in Quantitative Business Analysis. His professional experience includes information technology and management consulting.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kuros served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development and Emerging Technologies Joint|
|• Elder Affairs Joint|
|• Municipalities and Regional Government Joint|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kuros served on the following committees:
- Economic Development and Emerging Technologies Joint Committee
- Municipalities and Regional Government Joint Committee
- Post Audit and Oversight
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Joseph Hall was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Kevin Kuros was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kuros defeated Hall and Joseph Guertin (Pirate Party) in the general election.
Kuros won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Eighth Worcester District. Kuros was unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and defeated Robert DuBois (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Eighth Worcester District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kevin Kuros Incumbent||51.2%||10,487|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Eighth Worcester District (2010)|
|Paul Kujawski (D)||6,019|
|'Kevin Kuros (R)||8,052|
Comprehensive donor information for Kuros is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Kuros raised a total of $110,561 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 20, 2013.
|Kevin Kuros's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Massachusetts House, Eighth Worcester||$53,368|
|2010||Massachusetts House, Eighth Worcester||$31,809|
|2008||Massachusetts House, Eighth Worcester||$25,384|
|Grand Total Raised||$110,561|
2012Kuros won re-election to the Massachusetts House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kuros raised a total of $53,368.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kevin Kuros's campaign in 2012|
|Marlboro Republic City Committee||$8,650|
|Massachusetts Republican Party||$2,000|
|Massachusetts Independent PAC for Working Families||$1,500|
|Breuer, Carol V.||$1,000|
|Shields, Madelyn M.||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$53,368|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Kuros raised $31,809 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|Republican State Cmte Massachusetts||$2,914|
|Kuros, Kevin J||$1,337|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization of employers.
- Mass Audubon: 2011-2012 Report Card
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group 2011-2012 Public Interest Research Group
- Legislators are scored on votes on issues including health care costs, consumer protection, recycling, transportation and democracy.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kevin + Kuros + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
- Kevin Kuros on Twitter
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kuros, Kevin J," accessed December 20, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Seventh Worcester District
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |