Kevin Patrick Yeary
|Kevin Patrick Yeary|
|Texas Court of Criminal Appeals|
|Past post:||Appellate prosecutor, Bexar County Criminal District Attorney’s Office|
|Undergraduate:||St. Mary's University, 1988|
|Law School:||St. Mary's University, 1991|
|Candidate for:||Texas Court of Criminal Appeals|
|Election information 2014:|
Kevin Patrick Yeary is a judge for the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals (Place 4). He was elected to the court on November 4, 2014, for a six-year term commencing on January 1, 2015, and expiring on December 31, 2020.
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2014
| Yeary ran for election to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.
Primary: He was successful in the Republican primary on March 4, 2014, receiving 54.7 percent of the vote. He competed against Jani Jo Wood and Richard Dean Davis.
General: He defeated Quanah Parker (Libertarian) and Judith Sanders-Castro (Green Party) in the general election on November 4, 2014, receiving 76.2 percent of the vote.
Below are the results of the 2014 judicial poll, conducted by the State Bar of Texas, which asked attorneys to cast a vote in favor of their preferred candidate in each appellate race.
|Place 4 Judge|
|Richard Dean Davis||867|
|Jani Jo Wood||1565|
|Kevin Patrick Yeary||1921|
From 1998 until his election to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in 2014, Yeary served as an appellate prosecutor for the Bexar County Criminal District Attorney’s Office. He previously worked as an attorney in private practice and as an adjunct professor for San Antonio College's paralegal studies program.
Awards and associations
- Rated "AV Preeminent®" by Martindale Hubbell
- Rated "Superb" by the AVVO lawyer rating service
- Secretary, San Antonio Bar Association’s Appellate Section
- Law school and criminal courts committees, San Antonio Bar Association
- Commentator, Texas Independent Bar Association G&S Report
- Former member, Publications committee, Texas District and County Attorney’s Association
- Member, writing and grading team for the criminal appellate law exam, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- St. Padre Pio Catholic Church
- Catholic Lawyers Guild of San Antonio and of the Knights of Columbus
- Former board member and current official, Encino Park Swim Team
According to Yeary's campaign website:
|“||Kevin is a life long Republican and real conservative. He believes that our laws should be written by the Legislature, not by the Courts. He understands that a judge's duty is to follow the law, not make it.||”|
- Texas judicial elections
- Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- Courts in Texas
- Judicial selection in Texas
- Texas Judicial Branch, "Court of Criminal Appeals Judges"
- Texas Judicial Branch, "Court of Criminal Appeals"
- Texas Judicial Branch, "Court of Criminal Appeals Judges," accessed January 20, 2015
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County (A-L)," accessed January 20, 2015
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County (M-Z)," accessed January 20, 2015
- State Bar of Texas, "2014 Judicial Poll results," accessed January 20, 2015
- Kevin Patrick Yeary for Judge, "Endorsements," accessed August 20, 2014
- Kevin Patrick Year campaign website, "About," archived February 14, 2014
- Kevin Patrick Year campaign website, "Career," archived February 14, 2014
- Information submitted to Judgepedia via email on February 14, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.