|Louisiana House Of Representatives District 76|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||6|
|Per diem||$6,000/year for expenses; $149/day per diem|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 19, 2011|
|First elected||November 17, 2007|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
Pearson's professional experience includes working as a financial advisor.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Pearson served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Pearson served on the following committees:
On October 22, 2011, Pearson won re-election to District 61 of the Louisiana House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the October 22 primary election, assuring his re-election.
|Louisiana House of Representatives General Election, District 76 (2007)|
|Kevin Pearson (R)||2,719|
|Ray Canada (R)||2,669|
In 2011, Pearson received $83,163 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Louisiana House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kevin Pearson's campaign in 2011|
|Louisiana House Of Reps||$11,116|
|Louisiana Dental Association||$6,500|
|Pelican Physician Services Llc||$3,000|
|Louisiana Home Builders Association||$2,500|
|Bobby Jindal Campaign Cmte||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$83,163|
In 2007, a year in which Pearson was up for election, he collected $95,527 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2007 were:
|Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation Campaign Committee||$10,000|
|Louisiana Association of Business & Industry||$5,000|
|Louisiana Restaurant Association||$3,000|
In May 2012, teacher Margaret Richard Campo filed a recall petition against Pearson for his support of controversial pension and school voucher programs. In order for a recall election to be scheduled, organizers would have had to collect signatures from one-third of register voters in the district within 180 days.
On June 25, Campo notified the Secretary of State's office that she was stepping down as chair, but said the recall would continue.
Pearson is a member of the Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation, and the Louisiana Rural Caucus.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kevin + Pearson + Louisiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Louisiana House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Louisiana State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Louisiana state legislative districts
- Rep. Pearson's website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
- Official Louisiana House of Representatives 2007 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money Campaign Contributions, 2007
- NOLA, "Slidell High School teachers petition for recall of 2 lawmakers," May 10, 2012
- The Advocate, "Recall filing targets fourth legislator," June 26, 2012
- The Republic, "Recall efforts against 3 Republican state lawmakers fail to win support, expire," October 16, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Pearson
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 76
| Succeeded by|
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |