|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||May 20, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Strouse is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 8th District. Strouse is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary on May 20, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Democratic Super PAC House Majority PAC listed incumbent Michael G. Fitzpatrick as 1 of 10 they are targeting as vulnerable incumbent Republicans in 2014, with the focus on those holding competitive seats. In May 2013, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee launched Jumpstart, a program that “provides early financial, communications, operational and strategic support to help top-tier candidates get a head start in these highly-targeted races,” according to the DCCC memo. Kevin Strouse, who is running in Pennsylvania's 8th District, was one of the eight Democratic candidates on the list. He was chosen based on recent polling figures which indicate Fitzpatrick's vulnerability to losing re-election in 2014.
Due to this vulnerability, Fitzpatrick, along with 11 other House Republicans, has qualified for financial assistance under the Patriot Program. The program is run by the National Republican Congressional Committee and helps raise money to protect GOP incumbents deemed in danger of being unseated.
|Kevin Strouse (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$0||$253,766||$(35,504)||$218,261|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$218,261.79||$151,287.38||$(43,944.74)||$325,604.43|
|Year-End||January 29, 2014||$325,604||$200,346||$(54,249)||$471,700|
Strouse received the backing of VoteVets, Nancy Pelosi, Bucks County Commissioner Diane Marseglia and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC).
He picked up an endorsement from PeacePAC, the political arm of Council for a Livable World, on November 11, 2013.
“Mr. Strouse is a former Army Ranger and combat veteran; he understands that common sense solutions are necessary to address America’s greatest security threats such as terrorism, Afghanistan and the Iranian and North Korean nuclear programs,” said Guy Stevens, Director of PeacePAC. “We are glad to offer our support to a great candidate and someone that will be a strong voice for common sense in Congress.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kevin + Strouse + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pa. Turnpike ex-manager pleads guilty to 3 counts - York Dispatch
- York High grad Tavon Parker honored again by PSAC - York Dispatch
- Wrightsville man posthumously honored by US Lacrosse - York Dispatch
- Bizarre crime spree leaves 2 dead in central Pa. - York Dispatch
- Lawyers for Pa. request personal information of couples in gay marriage suit - York Dispatch
- House candidates scramble for backing in Philly suburbs - Philly.com (blog)
- Church basketball standings - York Dispatch
- Local Races Could Swing Congress - Huffington Post
- Fire in York City displaces 15, fire department rescues 2 - York Dispatch
- Pa. inmate sues NFL for missed call that helped doom Steelers - York Dispatch
- PhillyBurbs.com, "Bensalem Army Ranger to begin 8th District campaign," April 4, 2013
- Kevin Strouse for Congress, "Kevin Strouse Announces Candidacy for Congress in Pennsylvania’s 8th District," May 7, 2013
- Sunshine State News "Democratic Super-PAC Targets Steve Southerland" accessed March 8, 2013
- Roll Call, "Democrats Launch New Program for House Recruits," May 3, 2013
- The Washington Post, "11 House Republicans named to incumbent-protection program," April 22, 2013
- NRCC Patriot Program, "About," accessed April 23, 2013
- Federal Election Commission "Kevin Strouse 2014 Summary reports," Accessed November 11, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly," accessed November 11, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed November 11, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Year-End," accessed February 12, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Mid Week Wire, "PA-8: Marseglia endorses Strouse," accessed November 25, 2013
- Politics PA, "PA-8: Strouse Picks Up PeacePAC Endorsement," accessed November 12, 2013
- Politics PA, "Pelosi To Hold Fundraiser For Parrish and Strouse," January 29, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |