For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. Senate, Delaware|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Delaware|
Wade worked at a steel mill following high school graduation. He then earned his B.S. in electrical engineering from the University of Delaware. Wade founded his own engineering business when he was 29 and still runs it today.
Wade ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, to represent Delaware. Wade defeated Chris Smink in the Republican primary on September 9, 2014. He was defeated by incumbent Chris Coons (D) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. Senate, Delaware General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Chris Coons Incumbent||55.8%||130,655|
|Source: Delaware Department of Elections|
|U.S. Senate, Delaware Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Delaware Division of Elections|
Wade ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Delaware. He sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was July 10, 2012. The primary election was held on September 11, 2012. Wade ran unopposed in the primary election and moved on to the general election on November 6, 2012. He lost to incumbent Democrat Tom Carper.
|U.S. Senate, Delaware, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Thomas Carper Incumbent||66.7%||252,892|
|Green||Andrew Richard Groff||0.8%||3,036|
|Source: Delaware Secretary of State, "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Kevin Wade (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Pre-Primary||August 27, 2014||$0||$22,825||$(6,072)||$16,752|
|U.S. Senate, Delaware, 2012 - Kevin Wade Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$4,882,503|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$5,324,026|
|Top contributors to Kevin Wade's campaign committee|
|Defenders of Freedom||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$10,250|
|Printing and Publishing||$6,000|
Wade and his wife, Gail, have one daughter and two grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kevin + Wade + Delaware + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware Secretary of State, "Primary candidate list," accessed July 8, 2014
- Campaign website, "About Kevin," accessed July 9, 2014
- Politico, "2014 Delaware Senate Primaries Results," accessed September 9, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- WDEL "Businessman Kevin Wade to run for U.S. Senate," January 3, 2012
- Delaware Board of Elections, "General Election Candidates" accessed July 10, 2012
- ABC News, "2012 General Election Results," accessed November 6, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Kevin Wade Pre-Primary," accessed September 4, 2014
- OpenSecrets, "2012 Election" accessed May 15, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid