Kieran Michael Lalor
|Kieran Michael Lalor|
|New York State Assembly District 105|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$172/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|J.D.||Pace University School of Law|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps Reserve|
Lalor earned his B.A. in Political Science from Providence College and his J.D. from Pace University School of Law. His professional experience includes being the founder of KML Strategies Limited Liabilities Company and working as a teacher of Social Studies at Our Lady of Lourdes High School. Lalor served as an Infantrymen in the United States Marine Corps Reserve.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lalor served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Alcoholism and Drug Abuse|
|• Governmental Operations|
|• Real Property Taxation|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
Lalor's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "New York State has one of the worst business climates in the entire country. My central focus in Albany will be to make New York a more business-friendly state and create jobs and opportunities for New York workers and entrepreneurs. Like my father and grandparents before me, I started a small business and know that taxes and bureaucrats do not create jobs—they kill jobs."
- Excerpt: "I understand that to grow the New York economy people must be able to keep more of their own money and government must get smaller and more efficient."
- Excerpt: "Too many elected officials spend taxpayer money for their own benefit. Both Republicans and Democrats tax hard working citizens to subsidize the politically connected. This pervasive practice is a prime cause of our state’s economic and ethics crisis and must be ended immediately."
Culture & Liberty
- Excerpt: "I understand how precious life is and as a result I am pro-life."
- Excerpt: "Marriage is an institution that has served civilization well for all of recorded human history. We should not fundamentally alter the definition of this institution merely because well-funded, politically correct special interest groups led by self-important celebrities want to do so. I support traditional marriage."
- Excerpt: "I believe in the Right to Bear Arms and understand that The Second Amendment to the US Constitution protects an individual right to possess a firearm."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Kieran Michael Lalor was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Joseph Torres was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Lalor also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets and Torres ran on the Working Families Party ticket. On the candidate list for the general election, Torres was listed as a Working Families Party candidate. Lalor defeated Torres (WF) in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 105 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kieran Michael Lalor Incumbent||65.5%||22,731|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Lalor ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 105. He defeated Patrick R. Manning and Richard C. Wagner (who also ran on the Conservative Party ticket) in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Independence Party of New York State ticket. He defeated Paul F. Curran in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 105, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kieran Michael Lalor||55.7%||29,664|
|Democratic||Paul F. Curran||44.3%||23,556|
Comprehensive donor information for Kieran Michael Lalor is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kieran Michael Lalor raised a total of $74,560 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Kieran Michael Lalor's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York State Assembly, District 105||$74,560|
|Grand Total Raised||$74,560|
2012Kieran Michael Lalor won election to the New York State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Kieran Michael Lalor raised a total of $74,560.
|New York State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kieran Michael Lalor's campaign in 2012|
|Lalor, Kieran M||$13,500|
|Jt Magen & Co||$4,100|
|Black Republican Pac||$2,500|
|Republican Part of E Fishkill||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$74,560|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 200th New York State Legislature, first annual session, was in session from January 9 to December 31. In 2014, the 200th New York State Legislature, second annual session, was in session from January 8 to June 19, 2014. The legislature will be in recess from June 22 to January 6, 2015.
- Conservative Party of New York State: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- EPL/Environmental Advocates: 2013 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes of bills that benefit or harm the environment.
- EPL/Environmental Advocates: 2014 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes of bills that benefit or harm the environment.
- National Federation of Independent Business in New York: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
Lalor and his wife, Mary Jo, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kieran + Lalor + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Kieran Michael Lalor's personal website
- Profile from the New York State Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Kieran Michael Lalor on Facebook
- Kieran Michael Lalor on Twitter
- Kieran Michael Lalor on LinkedIn
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Lalor,” accessed August 1, 2014
- Kieran Michael Lalor NY, "Issues," accessed October 10, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Lalor, Kieran Michael" accessed September 25, 2013
- State Scape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 16, 2014
George Amedore (R)
|New York Assembly District 105
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |