|Kim Dolbow Vann|
|U.S. House, California, District 3|
|Bachelor's||California State University, San Marcos|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
Kim Dolbow Vann was a 2012 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 3rd Congressional District of California. She lost in the general election.
- California State University, San Marcos
Vann is currently serving as President of the Regional Council of Rural Counties. She is also currently serving as Vice Chair of the Rural Action Caucus for the National Association of Counties. Vann has been a businessperson for the past seven years in northern California.
- See also: California's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2012
Vann ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 3rd District. She and John Garamendi (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Tony Carlos (R), Eugene Ray (R) and Rick Tubbs (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Garamendi won.
Effect of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in California
According to the Washington Post, redistricting transformed the 3rd District from a safe seat into a swing district. With 10th District incumbent John Garamendi (D) displaced into the 3rd, the newly drawn district was a battleground for Republicans and Democrats fighting for control of the House.
Breakdown of the source of Vann's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Vann did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Vann's campaign committee raised a total of $1,237,746 and spent $1,219,262.
|U.S. House, California District 3, 2012 - Kim Dolbow Vann Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Kim Dolbow Vann's campaign committee|
|Every Republican is Crucial PAC||$10,000
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Crop Production & Basic Processing||$300,149
|Oil & Gas||$38,000
Vann lives in Arbuckle, California, with her husband, Jim, and their nine-year-old son, Asa.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Kim Vann "Meet Kim" Accessed May 20, 2012
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012
- ↑ Washington Post blog, "The 10 House districts that might surprise you," May 11, 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets, "Kim Dolbow Vann 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013