|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 49|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Western Michigan University|
|Master's||North Carolina State University|
|Profession||Founder of Diabetes Management Solutions|
Hanchette earned her bachelor's degree from Western Michigan University in 1980 and her M.Ed. from North Carolina State University. Her professional experience includes working as a Diabetes Educator and as the founder of Diabetes Management Solutions.
Hanchette's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "We can begin to improve North Carolina’s economy by focusing on the things we know will grow our state: investments in education, innovation, and a highly skilled workforce."
- Excerpt: "I will remain steadfast in my commitment to creating a 21st century approach to improving education and spurring innovation in the classroom. We can begin giving our students a competitive advantage by raising teacher pay to the national average, thus ensuring we recruit the best teachers in the nation, and ensure we stop the departure of talented teachers to neighboring states. Likewise, returning teachers assistants to our classrooms will mean additional personalized attention for our students, and an extra helping hand for our teachers leading the classroom. To help sustain this progress we must keep our community colleges and universities affordable and find new ways to recruit the next generation of talented educators required of us in this economy."
- Excerpt: "Medicaid expansion would have been an economic and humanitarian win for North Carolina."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Gary Pendleton was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Kim Hanchette defeated Derek Kiszely in the Democratic primary. Pendleton defeated Hanchette in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 49 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Gary Pendleton Incumbent||51.6%||20,588|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 49 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Hanchette and her husband, David, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kim + Hanchette + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 49
- Official campaign website
- Kim Hanchette on Facebook
- Kim Hanchette on LinkedIn
- Kim Hanchette on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "Meet Kim Hanchette," accessed April 18, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |