Kern County is one of 58 counties in California. Its county seat is in Hanford.
- Main article: Evaluation of California county websites
- The names and contact information of all board of supervisor members is published.
- Board of supervisor meeting agendas and minutes are published.
- The current budget is published.
- Information on building permits and zoning is provided. 
- Main article: California government sector lobbying
In 2008, Kings County reported $80,000 spent on lobbying the federal government. 
For 2007 and 2008, Kings County spent $63,250 on lobbying the California legislature. 
- ↑ Board
- ↑ Meetings
- ↑ Budget
- ↑ Planning Department
- ↑ 
- ↑ State-Level Lobbying and Taxpayers: How Much Do We Really Know?, Pacific Research Institute