|Texas Senate District 22|
|2002 - 2010|
|Resigned office March 17, 2010|
On March 8, 2010, Averitt announced he would be resigning his seat effective March 17 due to health issues.
Averitt graduated with a B.B.A. in economics and finance from Baylor University and also graduated with an M.B.A. also from Baylor University.
In addition to being a senator, Averitt is also a state and local tax consultant fromn Ryan and Company. Prior to his election to the state senate, Averitt was a representative in the Texas House of Representatives from 1992 to 2002. He is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Averitt was serving on the following committees when he resigned:
- Natural Resources Committee, Texas State Senate
- Business & Commerce Committee, Texas State Senate
- Education Committee, Texas State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, Texas State Senate
- Finance Committee, Texas State Senate
Kip Averitt represented District 22, which includes the county of Navarro, Texas.
Averitt was born on October 31, 1954 in Crane, Texas. He and his wife, Kathy, have four children.
- Official website of Kip Averitt
- Kip Averitt on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Kip Averitt Personal Website
|Texas Senate District 22
2002- March 2010
| Succeeded by|