Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 84|
Sherrill's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Job Growth and Taxes
- Excerpt:"Decrease government spending will increase private sector jobs and reduce the tax burden for our state. Surcharges on corporate and personal income tax needs to be reformed."
- Excerpt:"We must improve the quality of our education with reform to our current system. North Carolina needs higher test scores and graduation rates. We are ranked one of the lowest in the performing states."
Stopping illegal immigration
- Excerpt:"There are plenty of legal immigrant workers that would pay into our tax system including locals that raise families here. With other states tightening their laws, North Carolina could become a magnet for illegal immigrants. We need to keep an eye open on this issue."
- Excerpt:"I will work to protect family values in this state. I have a huge respect for life and family tradition. NC needs constitutional protection and I support the Marriage Amendment act in NC. NC is a wonderful place to live and raise a family."
- Excerpt:"I will always defend the right to carry a gun."
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 84 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Rena W. Turner||46.7%||5,250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kirk + Sherrill + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |