|Minnesota House of Representatives District 42A|
|January 4, 2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Bethel University, Saint Paul|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Stensrud is a small business owner.
Stensrud graduated from Bethel University with a Bachelor of Arts degree Business.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stensrud served on these committees:
Stensrud ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 48A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by Yvonne Selcer (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 48A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kirk Stensrud Incumbent||49.6%||12,256|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 42A (2010)|
|Maria Rudd (DFL)||8,582||49.66%|
|Kirk Stensrud (R)||8,689||50.28%|
In 2010, Stensrud raised $39,756 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|42nd Senate District Republican Party||$3,000|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score." 
Stensrud and his wife Wendy have three children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
Maria Ruud (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 42A
| Succeeded by|
Barb Yarusso (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |