|Louisiana House Of Representatives District 78|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||6|
|Per diem||$6,000/year for expenses; $149/day per diem|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 19, 2011|
|First elected||November 17, 2007|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Mississippi|
In the 2014 legislative session, Talbot and 12 other members of the House formed the Louisiana Legislative Conservative Coalition. The coalition, under the chair of Rep. Alan Seabaugh (R), will attempt to pull the Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation to the right and re-instill conservative principles to the delegation.
Talbot earned his B.A. in Business Administration from the University of Mississippi. His professional experience includes working as a businessman.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Talbot served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Talbot served on the following committees:
On October 22, 2011, Talbot won re-election to District 61 of the Louisiana House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the October 22 primary election, assuring his re-election.
|Louisiana House of Representatives General Election, District 78 (2007)|
|Kirk Talbot (R)||5,898|
|Tiffany Scot Wilken (R)||4,427|
In 2011, Talbot received $114,586 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Louisiana House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kirk Talbot's campaign in 2011|
|Louisiana State Farm Agents||$3,000|
|Garvey, J Donald||$2,500|
|Jarrett, R K||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$114,586|
In 2007, a year in which Talbot was up for election, he collected $186,179 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2007 were:
|Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation Campaign Committee||$10,000|
|Louisiana Realtors Association||$5,000|
|Dawson Farms LLC||$5,000|
Talbot is a member of the Jefferson Parish Legislative Delegation, and the Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kirk + Talbot + Louisiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Louisiana House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Louisiana State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Louisiana state legislative districts
- Rep. Talbot's website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
- www.houmatoday.com, "Conservatives in state House forming new coalition," accessed February 20, 2014
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Louisiana Endorsements," March 21, 2012
- Official Louisiana House of Representatives 2007 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money Campaign Contributions, 2007
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Talbot
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 78
| Succeeded by|
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |