|Iowa House of Representatives District 69|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Iowa|
Running-Marquardt earned her B.S. from the University of Iowa.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Running-Marquardt served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Local Government|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Running-Marquardt served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa|
|• Local Government|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Running-Marquardt served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Rebuild Iowa and Disaster Recovery|
|• State Government|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Kirsten Running-Marquardt was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Running-Marquardt ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 69. Running-Marquardt ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. No Republican candidates filed in the district. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
Running-Marquardt won re-election to the 33rd District seat in 2010. She faced no opposition in the June 8 primary. Josh Thurston ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. The general election was held on November 2.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 33 General Election (2010)|
|Kirsten Running-Marquardt (D)||5,364|
|Josh Thurston (R)||3,067|
On November 24, 2009, Running-Marquardt won a special election to the Iowa House of Representatives District 33.
Comprehensive donor information for Running-Marquardt is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Running-Marquardt raised a total of $100,287 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Kirsten Running-Marquardt's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 69||$40,650|
|2010||Iowa State House, District 33||$59,637|
|Grand Total Raised||$100,287|
2012Running-Marquardt won re-election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Running-Marquardt raised a total of $40,650.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kirsten Running-Marquardt's campaign in 2012|
|Hawkeye Labor Council||$1,500|
|Operating Engineers Local 234||$1,250|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$1,000|
|Iowa Corn Growers Association||$1,000|
|United Union of Roofers Pol Ed & Leg Fund of Iowa||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$40,650|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010 Running-Marquardt collected $59,637 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed as follows:
|Iowa House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kirsten Running-Marquardt's campaign in 2010|
|International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers||$8,750|
|Service Employees International Union||$5,000|
|Service Employees Local 199||$2,250|
|Ironworkers Local 89||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$59,637|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on "their records on constitutional principles and civil liberties."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key conservative issues."
- Legislators are scored on their votes with or against SC's official position.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kirsten + Running-Marquardt + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 69
- Iowa State Legislature
- Iowa House website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- The Des Moines Register, "Election2014," accessed November 4, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 8, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Running-Marquardt, Kirsten," accessed September 20, 2013
- Follow The Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed April 7, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 2, 2014
Erik Helland (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 69
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa House of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|
Kevin McCarthy (D)
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |