Kirtland Community College Tax Levy Increase Proposition (May 2013)
A Kirtland Community College Tax Levy Increase measure was likely defeated on the May 7, 2013, election ballot in Alcona, Roscommon, Kalkaska, Crawford, Missaukee, Ogemaw and Gladwin Counties, which are in Michigan.
If approved, this measure would have authorized the Kirtland Community College to increase its charter property tax levy rate from 0.2 mills ($0.20 per $1,000 of assessed valuation) to 0.4 mills ($0.40 per $1,000 of assessed valuation) for 18 years in order to fund capital improvements and the payment of past debt. The estimated first year revenue from this tax is $581,917.
|Kirtland College Tax Proposal|
- These results are from Roscommon County elections office
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||Shall the charter tax rate limitation of 0.2 mill of Kirtland Community College, Michigan, be increased by 0.2 mill ($0.20 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) for a period of 18 years, 2015 to 2032, inclusive, to be used only for capital improvements and for paying the principal and interest on any outstanding bonded indebtedness of the community college district; if approved, the estimate of the revenue the community college district will collect in the first year of levy, 2015, is approximately $581,917?||”|
- May 7, 2013 ballot measures in Michigan
- Alcona County, Michigan ballot measures
- Gladwin County, Michigan ballot measures
- Missaukee County, Michigan ballot measures
- Kalkaska County, Michigan ballot measures
- Ogemaw County, Michigan ballot measures
- Crawford County, Michigan ballot measures
- Roscommon County, Michigan ballot measures
- Michigan SoS Public Ballot Search
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |