Kit Carson County is one of 64 counties in Colorado. The county seat is Burlington.
Main article Evaluation of Colorado county websites
This site was evaluated on Aug. 9, 2012.
- The county commissioners list their roles, office address and personal phone number.
- The Clerk and Recorder provides contact information including a phone number, office address and personalized email.
- One is able to pay property taxes online. The Assessor's office provides additional information on property taxes.
- Budgets are provided dating back to 2008.
- Audits are provided dating back to 2007.
- Mill levy information is provided dating back to 2008.
- Planning and zoning information is available and building permit applications can be downloaded.
- A calendar provides meeting times and locations.
- Departments list who is the head of the department, an office address, phone number and email.
- Personalized emails are not provided for the commissioners.
- Information on how to file a public records request is not provided, nor does the Clerk explicitly state to contact her office for documents. Also a fee schedule is not provided.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are not provided, nor are archives for the past 3-5 years.
- Approved contract statements are not available for vendors above $10,000.
- If the county engaged in lobbying actives or if its a member of lobbying associations is not disclosed. Nor is the total cost lobbying activities or membership dues for associations available.
- ↑ Kit Carson County, Commissioners, Accessed: Aug. 8, 2012
- ↑ Kit Carson County, Clerk & Recorder, Accessed: Aug. 9, 2012
- ↑ Kit Carson County, Treasurer, Accessed: Aug. 9, 2012
- ↑ Kit Carson County, Assessor, Accessed: Aug. 9, 2012
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Kit Carson County, Accounting, Accessed: Aug. 9, 2012
- ↑ Kit Carson County, Land Use, Accessed: Aug. 9, 2012
- ↑ Kit Carson County, Calendar, Accessed: Aug. 9, 2012