Knox County, Tennessee
- Main article: Evaluation of Tennessee county websites
- The current budget is published.
- Budgets are archived for at least three years.
- Elected officials
- Names of elected officials, individual email address, individual phone numbers, and a physical address is available
- Names of administrative officials, individual email address, individual phone numbers, and a physical address is available
- Permits and Zoning
- Permit applications are available for download
- Zoning ordinances are posted.
- The current audit is published.
- Audits are archived to 2006.
- Public Records
- Information on taxpayer funded lobbying, including list of employed lobbyists, memberships to lobbying organizations, and associated fees were not posted.
Elected Officials & Salaries
|Sam McKenzie||District 1 Commissioner||$20,430|
|Amy Broyles||District 2 Commissioner||$20,430|
|Tony Norman||District 3 Commissioner||$20,430|
|Jeff Ownby||District 4 Commissioner||$19,835|
|Richard Briggs||District 5 Commissioner||$20,430|
|Brad Anders||Vice Chair, District 6||$20,430|
|R. Larry Smith||District 7 Commissioner||$20,430|
|Dave Wright||District 8 Commissioner||$20,430|
|Michael Brown||District 9 Commissioner||Unavailable|
|Mike Hammond||Chair, At-Large 10||$20,430|
|Ed Shouse||At-Large 11||$20,430|
Salary database includes the three percent raises institutes in January 2012.
Administrative Officials & Salaries
|Phil Ballard||Property Assessor||$122,941|
|Foster Arnett||County Clerk||$106,906|
|Sherry Witt||Register of Deeds||$106,906|
|Randy Nichols||Attorney General||Unavailable|
|Joe Jarret||Law Director||$156,791|
|Cathy Quist||Clerk of Circuit Courts||$117,596|
|Joy McCroskey||Clerk of Criminal Courts||$117,596|
|Mark Stephens||Public Defender||Unavailable|
|Michael Grider||Communications Manager||$55,188|
|Grant Rosenberg||Head of Community Development||$75,310|
|John Troyer||Head of Finance||$147,708|
|Doug Bataille||Head of Parks and Recreation||$113,020|
For FY2012 the operating fund is $683,939,981 in the adopted budget.
The city of Knoxville, the Knox County seat, received $78,565,235.36 of federal stimulus money in 56 grants and 12 contracts.
Local taxes for FY 2012 adopted generated $118,442,183, made up of county property taxes, county local option taxes and wheel taxes. The largest source of revenue is property taxes, that generated $106,369,683.
In the News
- In March 2012, Tennessee received a “C” in the State Integrity Investigation, a report that analyzes state governments’ accountability and risk for corruption. Even with the average grade, TN ranks #8 in the nation and is cited for establishing an ethics commission six years ago, although that commission has not yet issued a single ethics penalty and complaints are not made available to the public.
- Official Knox County Website
- Knox County Information
- Knox County Schools
- The Democratic Party of Knox County
- Knox County Profile
- Knox County facts
- - ReturnTo0 Agenda
- Elected Commissioners
- Administrative officials
- Contract awards
- Public records contact
- Public records
- Tax revenues
- Tax rates
- Salary database
- Knoxville Federal Stimulus funding
- Local taxes
- State Integrity Investigation