Kodiak Island Borough, Alaska
The borough is one of seven second-class boroughs in the state.
- Main article: Evaluation of Alaska borough websites
- A past budget and some financial reports are posted.
- The Assembly meeting minutes and agendas are posted.
- Contact information for the Assembly members and the Mayor is posted.
- Contact information for the Administrative departments is posted.
- Zoning information is provided.
- The Borough's contracts are posted. (Kodiak is the only one of the sixteen boroughs that does disclose this information.)
- The ways to request public records are listed.
- Some tax forms and documents are provided.
- Lobbying affiliations are not provided.
- Regular financial audits are not posted.
Taxes in the borough
- Sales: None.
- Property: 10.5 mills (8 service areas)
- 5% Bed Tax.
- 1.05% Severance Tax
- Kodiak Island Borough website
- Kodiak Island Borough on E-Reference
- Kodiak Island Borough Visitor's Guide
- Kodiak Island on Epodunk
- Kodiak Island QuickFacts