For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 26A|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Gustavus Adolphus College|
|Master's||Southwest Minnesota State University|
|Date of birth||July 28, 1977|
|Place of birth||Meriden, MN|
|Profession||Economics/Political Science Teacher, Owatonna High School|
Kath received his M.S. in Educational Leadership from Southwest Minnesota State University and B.A. in Political Science/Secondary Education from Gustavus Adolphus College.
He works as a Economics/Political Science Teacher at Owatonna High School, and previously served as Constituent Advocate to United States Senator Paul Wellstone.
He is married and has 2 children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kath served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kath served on these committees:
- K-12 Education Policy and Oversight (Vice Chair)
- Agriculture, Rural Economies and Veterans Affairs
- Crime Victims/Criminal Records Division
- Public Safety Policy and Oversight
- State Government Finance Division
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 26A (2010)|
|Kory Kath (DFL)||9,683||62.25%|
|David Thul (R)||5,852||37.62%|
Kory Kath raised $31,072 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 26A (2008)|
|Kory Kath (DFL)||11,527||56.90%|
|Thomas Kuntz (R)||8,710||43.00%|
In 2010, Kath received $29,856 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kory Kath's campaign in 2010|
|Boilermakers Local 647||$500|
|Working Families Fund||$500|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Alliance||$500|
|Minneapolis Federation Of Teachers Local 59||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$29,856|
Listed below are the three largest contributors to Kory Kath's 2008 campaign.
|Steele County Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$2,350|
|Waseca County Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$1,300|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kory + Kath + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kory Kath's personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Kath
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Kory Kath on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kath
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Report of Votes Cast - Minnesota State Primary - Tuesday, August 10, 2010," accessed November 29, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State of Minnesota Canvassing Report," accessed November 29, 2014
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on Kath's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed January 1, 2015
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
|Minnesota State House District 26A
| Succeeded by|
Tina Liebling (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |