Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 71|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
McCann's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Reduce the size of government and encourage elected state officials to become more responsive to the needs of our citizens. Insist that state workers exhibit competence, accuracy and honesty to help eliminate spending waste and acknowledge accountability to the taxpayers of North Carolina."
- Excerpt: "Ensure a great education for every North Carolinian. From K-12 through our exceptional community and state colleges, education plays a valuable role in providing marketable skills necessary in today’s highly technical job market. Investment in education for North Carolina will inspire our neighbors to live successful lives, provide for their families and give North Carolina children a brighter future."
- Excerpt: "Create an atmosphere that will attract business owners to locate in North Carolina and bring needed jobs and partnerships to our communities. Lessen the bureaucracy for all business owners, encourage free market principles and continue to ensure safe working environments for employees."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Evelyn Terry was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Kris McCann was unopposed in the Republican primary. McCann was defeated by Terry in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 71 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Evelyn Terry Incumbent||76.6%||12,536|
McCann ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 71. McCann ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. McCann was defeated by Evelyn Terry (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 71, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kris + McCann + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 71
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Follow the Money
- electkrismccann.com, "Official campaign website," accessed August 19, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |