|Anaheim City Council|
|2010 - Present|
|Years in position||5|
|Anaheim Mayor Pro Tempore|
|2013 - Present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||California State University, Long Beach|
|Master's||San Jose State University|
Murray holds a B.A. in Political Science from California State University, Long Beach and a Master’s certificate in transportation management from the Mineta Transportation Institute at San Jose State University. Her professional experience includes working as the Vice Chair of the Anaheim Public Utility Board and serving on the boards of the Metropolitan Water District Board of Directors, the Southern California Association of Governments Executive Committee and Regional Council and the Orange County Council of Governments.
On her campaign website, Murray highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "There is no greater priority for me as a member of the Anaheim City Council than to provide for the safety and security of our residents and businesses."
Anaheim Convention Center
- Excerpt: "With overwhelming support from residents, businesses, public safety, labor, regional and state elected leadership, the City Council approved plans to move forward with a major $180M expansion of the Anaheim Convention Center (ACC). This action paves the way for an additional 200,000 square feet of "flex space," space that can be used as exhibit, ballroom, or meeting rooms, and increase the Convention Center's available exhibit square-footage to more than 1 million square-feet, the most on the west coast."
- Excerpt: "As a member of the City Council, I have been a strong and vocal supporter of keeping Angels Baseball in Anaheim. As we continue to negotiate a new agreement with the team, please know that it is my top priority to ensure the best deal for residents and taxpayers."
- Excerpt: "Anaheim has emerged from a lasting recession with a stronger, sustainable economic climate due to years of innovative planning and significant private sector investments. As a member of the City Council, I have worked to balance the budget, restore city cash reserves, and invest in core city services across all neighborhoods."
- Excerpt: "Throughout my tenure on the City Council, I have been deeply committed to policies that will grow job opportunities in Anaheim and throughout Orange County."
The city of Anaheim, California held elections for mayor and city council on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was August 8, 2014. Two of the four city council seats were up for election. Incumbent Kris Murray and candidate James Vanderbilt defeated incumbent Gail E. Eastman, Donna Acevedo, Jose F. Moreno, Jose Moreno, Jerry O'Keefe and Doug Pettibone.
|Anaheim City Council, 2014|
|Kris Murray Incumbent||20.7%||16,207|
|Gail E. Eastman Incumbent||19.6%||15,338|
|Jose F. Moreno||14.7%||11,521|
|Source: Orange County Elections - 2014 General Election Results|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kris + Murray + Anaheim"
- All stories may not be relevant due to the nature of the search engine.
- City of Anaheim, "Mayor Pro Tempore Kris Murray," accessed on August 12, 2014
- Elect Kris Murray, "Issues," accessed on October 2, 2014
- City of Anaheim, "Nov. 4, 2014 Election," accessed March 10, 2014
- City of Anaheim, "2014 Candidate List," accessed on September 2, 2014
- Orange County Elections, "2014 Official Election Results," accessed on November 4, 2014
|Anaheim City Council
| Succeeded by|