For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 26|
|2000 - 2012|
|Speaker of the House|
|2011 – 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 7, 2000|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma Baptist University (1996)|
|Master's||East Central University (2006)|
|Date of birth||July 11, 1973|
|Place of birth||Ardmore, Oklahoma|
Kris Steele (b. July 11, 1973) is a former Republican member of the Oklahoma House of Representatives, representing District 26 from 2000 to 2012. While in office, Steele served as Speaker from 2011 to 2012.
Steele earned his B.A. in Religion from Oklahoma Baptist University in 1996 and his M.Ed. from East Central University in 2006. His professional experience includes working as a public school teacher and associate minister.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Steele served on these committees:
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Steele was not appointed to any committees.
Steele did not run for re-election in 2012.
Steele ran for re-election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary. He was also unopposed in the general election on November 2, 2010. Vote totals were not reported for unopposed candidates.
In 2010, a year in which Steele was up for re-election, he collected $172,284 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kris Steele's campaign in 2010|
|Choctaw Nation Of Oklahoma||$7,500|
|Oklahoma Dental Association||$5,000|
|Oklahoma Society Of Anesthesiologists||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$172,284|
In 2008, Steele collected $49,301 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|OKLAHOMA MEDICAL ASSOCIATION||$2,500|
|MCCLUNE, GRANT & ERIN||$1,300|
|MERCK & CO||$1,300|
|OKLAHOMA HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION||$1,000|
|BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF OKLAHOMA||$1,000|
Steele and his wife, Kellie, have two children: Mackenzie and Madison.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kris + Steele + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Kris Steele on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 31, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Summary Results General Election — November 2, 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Unopposed Candidates Elected- 2008 General Election," accessed May 25, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed May 26, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed December 19, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 18, 2014
|Oklahoma House of Representatives - District 26
| Succeeded by|
Justin Freeland Wood (R)
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |