For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Maryland House of Delegates District 26|
|January 8, 2019|
|Years in position||8|
|Deputy Majority Whip, Maryland State House of Delegates|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Salisbury State University, 1996|
|Place of birth||Washington, DC|
|Profession||American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees|
Valderrama's professional experience includes working as the anchor and co-host of Valderrama's America.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Valderrama served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Juvenile Law
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Valderrama served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Juvenile Law
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Tony Knotts and incumbents Kris Valderrama and Jay Walker defeated Xavier A. Aragona, Tamara Davis Brown, Keith L. Gray, Vernon O. Holmes, Jr., Leonard C. "Len" Hopkins, Sr. and David Sloan in the Democratic primary and were unopposed in the general election.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 26 General Election (2010)|
|Veronica Turner (D)||27,770|
|Jay Walker (D)||24,328|
|Kris Valderrama (D)||24,141|
|Holly Henderson (R)||2,916|
Kris Valderrama raised $94,864 for her campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 26|
|Veronica Turner (D)||24,891||34.1%|
|Kris Valderrama (D)||22,231||30.5%|
|Jay Walker (D)||22,162||30.4%|
|John Rowe (R)||3,587||4.9%|
In 2010, a year in which Valderrama was up for re-election, she collected $39,874 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maryland House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kris Valderrama's campaign in 2010|
|Maryland House Democratic Cmte 2010||$2,000|
|Charles Barkley For Delegate Comm||$2,000|
|Chatmoa Insurance Solutions Inc||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$39,874|
In 2006, Kris Valderrama collected $94,864 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Maryland Realtors Association||$2,300|
|South County Democrats||$1,004|
|National American Political||$1,000|
|McGeo Food & Commercial Workers Local 1994||$1,000|
Valderrama is a Strategic Communications Specialist in the Public Affairs Department of the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees, and a member of the AFL-CIO's Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance, Governor's Family Violence Council, Maryland State Council for Interstate Adult Offender Supervision, and Women Legislators of Maryland.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kris + Valderrama + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 26
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Kris Valderrama
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for House of Delegates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Valderrama's 2006 campaign contributions," accessed March 25, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, Kris Valderrama
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Valderrama's Biography," accessed March 25, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |