|U.S. House, California, District 33|
|Profession||Adjunct associate professor|
Holmes holds a Ph.D. and is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Currently, Holmes is an Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of Southern California School of Social Work. She teaches classes in merging policy, planning and research for change in families, global dimensions in social policy and social work practice, practice and human behavior and violence against women. Additionally, she is a member of the National Association of Social Workers and the U.S. National Committee for UN Women.
Holmes listed the following themes on her campaign website:
- Drug policy
- Excerpt: "I support Colorado’s lead and pledge to push for the legalization of recreational marijuana use in all 50 states as an economic imperative. California has already legalized medical use. Removing prohibition will bring this State millions of dollars in revenue, and thousands of jobs- just as it has in Colorado and Washington State. Colorado has been on target with their projections, with 1 Billion for the first fiscal year in revenue. The first 400 million should go directly to building schools, then I propose that California split revenue between education and a 21st century light rail system. This will in turn, significantly decrease Cartel interest on this side of the border. Americans as a majority support legalization, which will end confusion over a patchwork of state laws."
- Open government
- Excerpt: "District face time should increase by 30%. Far too much time is spent with special interests and fundraising with little time left for dealing with issues in home districts. "
- Excerpt: "Budget reallocation is necessary in order to re-prioritize education over political interests while partnering with sustainable community, non-profit organizations and faith based programs to bolster the success of our students."
|U.S. House, California District 33 Primary, 2014|
|Source: California Secretary of State|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kristie + Holmes + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 33rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 33rd Congressional District
- California Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 28, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on March 31, 2014
- Kristie Holmes: "Bio," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kristie Holmes: "Issues," accessed March 31, 2014
- The New York Times, "California Primary Results," June 3, 2014
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |