Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Washington State Senate, District 11|
Thompson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I am for restoring integrity in our State government and that will come with electing representatives who will be an example to others in Olympia."
Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt:"I believe that Washington citizens are taxed enough! I cannot recall in my lifetime when the taxes went down in our state. This is what I want to work toward."
- Excerpt:"I believe strongly about educating our children and preparing them properly for the futures they choose. I am astounded by the lack of will and commitment to get the schools funded correctly in our state."
Scope of Government
- Excerpt:"We the people of Washington should be served by our government. Once our leaders go beyond the consent of the governed, we have a problem and our leaders have repeatedly done this."
- Excerpt:"I am for working to reduce the cost of healthcare by addressing tort reform and insurance reform both on the state and national levels."
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2012
Thompson ran in the 2012 election for Washington State Senate, District 11. Thompson ran unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by Bob Hasegawa (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington State Senate, District 11, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kristin + Thompson + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.