|Missouri House of Representatives, District 102|
|2011 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma Wesleyan University|
|Master's||Regent University, 2008|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Birthday||June 25, 1979|
|Place of birth||St. Louis, Missouri|
|Profession||Owner, Kurt Bahr Contracting|
Bahr's political experience includes working as campaign coordinator for Representative Dwight Scharnhorst (R-93), Representative John Diehl (R-87) and House candidate Randy Jotte (R-91) as well as serving as an intern for U.S. Congressman Todd Akin (R-2).
Bahr earned his bachelor's degree in History/Political Science from Oklahoma Wesleyan University, and master's degree in Public Policy from Regent University. His professional experience includes working as a small business owner. Bahr served in the United States Air Force.
Bahr's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Kurt is 100% Pro-Life. Protecting the rights of the weak is one of the primary functions of government and Kurt is completely committed to defending the weakest and most defenseless minority in our society – unborn children."
- Excerpt: "Kurt Bahr will defend our liberties in the House as he defended our country in the military – staunching the flow of government dominance before we have little left that resembles the freedoms our Founders risked everything to build."
- Excerpt: "As your representative, Kurt will work to reduce the burden of taxation on both individuals and businesses. He will support legislation to simplify regulations, encouraging the growth of small businesses that bring jobs and prosperity to our state."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bahr served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Children, Families, and Persons with Disabilities, Vice-chair|
|• Elementary and Secondary Education|
|• Small Business|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bahr served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Appropriations - Transportation and Economic Development|
|• Children and Families, Vice-chair|
|• Small Business|
Bahr won re-election in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 102. Bahr ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated John Callahan (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 102, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kurt Bahr Incumbent||62.7%||11,715|
On November 2, 2010 Bahr won election to the Missouri House of Representatives.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 19 General Election (2010)|
|Kurt Bahr (R)||10,474|
|Matt Simmons (D)||5,185|
Comprehensive donor information for Bahr is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Bahr raised a total of $92,729 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Kurt Bahr's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Missouri House of Representatives, District 102||$38,707|
|2010||Missouri House of Representatives, District 19||$54,022|
|Grand Total Raised||$92,729|
2012Bahr won re-election to the Missouri House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bahr raised a total of $38,707.
|Missouri House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kurt Bahr's campaign in 2012|
|Dynamic Fitness Magagement III, LLC||$4,000|
|Missouri Pork Producers Association||$1,250|
|Krause, Mary Ann||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$38,707|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Bahr was up for re-election, he collected $54,022 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Citizens for Timothy W Jones||$2,000|
|Professional Environmental Engineers Inc||$2,000|
|Dynamic Fitness Management III LLC||$2,000|
Bahr has been an Ambassador in the O'Fallon Chamber of Commerce. He has also been a member of the Saint Charles County Christian Home Educators, Missouri Right to Life, the National Rifle Association, American Legion post #388, the St. Charles County Young Republicans, the St. Charles County Pachyderm Club, and the Lewis and Clark Pachyderm Club.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kurt + Bahr + Missouri + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Campaign Facebook page
- St. Louis Homeschool Examiner article on Kurt Bahr's candidacy
- "kurtbahr," Official Campaign Website
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- "Follow the Money", "Bahr, Kurt", Accessed September 20, 2013
- 2010 campaign contributions
|Missouri House of Representatives District 102
| Succeeded by|
|Missouri House of Representatives District 19
| Succeeded by|
John Joseph Rizzo (D)
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |