|Michigan House of Representatives District 84|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||3 terms|
Damrow is a retired Michigan Air National Guardsman. He was formerly a county commissioner.
Damrow graduated from Spec's Howard School of Broadcast Arts and the Nashville Auctioneering Institute.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Damrow served on these committees:
- Military and Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security, Chair
- Natural Resources, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 84 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Kurt Damrow Incumbent||35.8%||3,238|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 84 General election (2010)|
|Kurt Damrow (R)||15,183|
|Terry Brown (D)||15,153|
In 2010, Damrow raised $7,785 in contributions.
His largest contributor was the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, which donated $1,000 to his campaign.
On June 1, 2011, Jack Jensen filed language with the Huron County Clerk seeking the recall of Damrow from office, citing failure by Damrow to properly report campaign finance information, as well as supporting legislation that could hurt families, seniors, schools and local government. The clerk held a hearing on June 13 to determine if the language submitted “is or is not of sufficient clarity to enable the officer whose recall is sought and the electors to identify the course of conduct which is the basis for the recall.”
At that meeting the election commission rejected the language for being too editorialized. Jensen submitted new, less complicated language, which was unanimously approved at a meeting on June 30. Organizers announced they would immediately begin collecting the 7,679 signatures necessary for a recall.
The recall campaign aimed to have the signatures collected by August 5 in order to make the November ballot, but fell short. They then attempted to collect the signatures by September 28 in order to put a vote for recall on the February 2012 ballot but the effort failed.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Kurt Damrow received a 75% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Damrow and his wife Kim have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kurt + Damrow + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Mitt Romney Campaign Website "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Michigan Speaker of The House Jase Bolger and Additional Members of The Michigan Legislature," September 19, 2011
- Michigan Department of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Huron Daily Tribune, "Effort to recall Damrow," June 1, 2011
- Huron Daily Tribune, "New language filed to recall Damrow," June 15, 2011
- MLive, "Petition language approved in bid to recall State Rep. Kurt Damrow," July 1, 2011
- Huron Daily Tribune, "Despite missing first deadline, Damrow recall effort will go on," August 6, 2011
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 25, 2012
Terry Brown (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 84
| Succeeded by|
Terry Brown (D)
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |