|Florida House of Representatives District 24|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Owner/CEO, 3-D Background Screening|
Kelly is the Owner/Chief Executive Officer of 3-D Background Screening.
He is a member of the Central Florida Symphony Orchestra Board, Child Evangelism Fellowship Board, Children's' Alliance Board, Metropolitan Rotary Club, National Rifle Association, and Ocala Kiwanis.
Kelly did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Economic Development Policy Committee
- Finance & Tax Council
- Health Care Services Policy Committee (Vice Chair)
- Health & Family Services Policy Council
- State Universities & Private Colleges Appropriations Committee
Kelly's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 783 - "Education for Children in Shelter Care or Foster Care: Provides conditions & requirements for district school superintendent or court appointment of surrogate parent for educational decisionmaking for child who has or is suspected of having disability"
- HB 1015 - "Prescription Drug Validation Program: Requires DOH to establish prescription drug validation program to establish comprehensive electronic system to monitor prescribing & dispensing of certain controlled substances; requires prescribing & dispensing of such controlled substances to be reported"
- HB 1017 - "Pub. Rec./Controlled Substances/DOH: Exempts from public records requirements information & records reported to DOH under electronic prescription drug validation program for monitoring prescribing & dispensing of certain controlled substances"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
On November 4, 2008, Kelly won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 24th District, defeating Barry Leach (D) and Andy Kesselring (NPA). Kelly received 38,429 votes in the election while Leach received 23,719 votes, and Kesselring received 10,713 votes. Kelly raised $197,075 for his campaign; Leach raised $3,726, and Kesselring raised $27,813.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 24|
|Kurt Kelly (R)||38,429||52.7%|
|Barry Leach (D)||23,719||32.6%|
|Andy Kesselring (NPA)||10,713||14.7%|
Below are Kelly's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Hospital Corporation of America||$2,500|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$2,000|
|Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section of the FL Bar Assoc||$2,000|
|FL Hospital Assoc||$2,000|
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$2,000|
- Kurt Kelly's campaign website
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Kurt Kelly
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Kurt Kelly on Facebook
- Kurt Kelly on Twitter
|Florida House of Representatives District 24
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |